Dan first became involved in providing leadership education to government with a major state agency in 2006. He has been actively involved in developing programs designed to bring rigor to the public sector, working to tie process improvement methodologies, such as Lean Six Sigma, to the development of leadership skills among agency management.
- When a major agency of state government was facing high turnover and a wave of retirements, Dan designed a series of leadership programs to help the agency become “an employer of choice” for new hires. These workshops reached all 180 members of the department, and included coaching of the 25 senior leaders. Dan also delivered a keynote speech to their annual gathering, and continues to consult with the department as they reinvent.
- Dan has been instrumental in helping a county government integrate leadership skills with process improvement into streamlined departmental functions.
- Dan designed and facilitated a five-month program for the development of human resource executives of a state agency. The program included workshops, webinars, coaching and other elements.
- When one of the largest agencies of state government went through a leadership transition, they used The Leadership Challenge as core curriculum in providing guidance throughout the organization. Dan joined the team to deliver multiple workshops throughout the state.
- Washington Department of Ecology
- Washington Department of Fish and Game
- Oregon Department of Transportation
- King County, Washington
- City of Klamath Falls, Oregon
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation