As a citizen with a deep commitment to public service, Dan has worked with many environmental and other nonprofit organizations to improve staff development functions. This has included designing leadership programs, facilitation of staff retreats and board meetings, providing human resource consulting and speaking at conferences.
- When a national conservation group was looking to refresh its performance management systems, Dan was called in to design a new process, create documentation and deliver training to more than 300 employees.
- An organization devoted to building stronger civic engagement through a year-long program asked Dan to create a leadership component for their kickoff retreat. This program has now been delivered for six years, reaching more than 200 leaders in this rural community.
- Dan provided a year-long coaching affiliation with a senior leader in a small nonprofit who was struggling under the pressures of change and transition. Dan also consulted with their senior team regarding Human Resource issues and provided a staff team development. His assistance in facilitating several board meetings helped to develop more effective relationships between the board members and the Executive Director.
- Dan has an on-going relationship with the Executive Director and staff of a Nepalese non-governmental organization. He provides management and leadership training when in Nepal and coaches the Executive Director via phone periodically.
- Leadership Mendocino
- Land Trust Alliance
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- California Council of Land Trusts
- Volunteers Initiative Nepal
- Ventura County Community Foundation
- Wilburforce Foundation
- Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children (CASA)
- Trust for Public Land