Dan has been providing learning programs to university staff and administrators since 2007. He has delivered programs designed to build campus leadership, increase the effectiveness of individual leaders and improve the ability of front line supervisors to lead effective teams. He has also worked with international scholars visiting the United States on a fellowship year, providing a foundation in leadership skills they can take back to their home countries.
- When the university was faced with major restructuring as a result of the 2009 recession, Dan was asked to develop a program to help mid level managers lead through the resulting changes rather than just manage through them. Using the Leadership Challenge Workshop as a base, over the past 8 years this program has been delivered to more than 400 campus leaders. Dan has recently begun delivering this program at a second campus location.
- Over the past nine years, Dan has produced a two-day leadership program as part of a campus-wide initiative designed to create greater collaboration between faculty and staff. Based on The Leadership Challenge, Dan’s program is frequently ranked as the most memorable of the ten program elements.
- Dan has been tapped to act as an on-call coach for senior university staff faced with tough assignments, transitions and other special circumstances. These one-on-one sessions often extend over several months, and are designed to give high achieving employees a partner in working through issues, developing alternatives and increasing their confidence.
- As the result of his success with The Leadership Challenge, Dan has been asked to develop and deliver numerous other campus staff development offerings.
- Dan has designed a one-day program, Principles of Leadership, that he has now presented to over 400 participants in a supervisory skills certificate program held on two campuses.
- University of California Davis Staff Development
- University of California Davis Medical Center
- University of California Santa Cruz Leadership Academy
- University of California Santa Cruz Office of University Relations
- University of California Santa Cruz Graduate Student Leadership Certificate Program
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship, Arizona State University and University of California Davis
- Mandela Washington Fellowship, University of California Davis
- Orange Coast College